About the company
Sydney Fish Market operates a wholesale auction and working fish market, hosting six seafood retailers offering Australia’s biggest variety of fresh seafood. It is the largest market of its kind in the southern hemisphere and with a new development and digital trading platform on the way, there is a lot on the horizon.
Sydney Fish Market is working exclusively with Curtis Partnership to find a QHSE and Risk Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
Duties & Responsibilities
The QHSE and Risk Manager will take ownership of the maintenance, improvement, and audit of the HSEQ on the Sydney Fish Market site, with a strong focus on Health and Safety.
They will also utilise the Risk Management Software and report in the strategic risks to the business.
Skills & Experience
- HSEQ: manage WHS on site, identifying and resolving operational risks, maintain certification of integrated HSEQ Management System with 3rd parties, lead internal audit, ensure compliance to relevant ISO standards
- Strategic Risks: utilise Risk Management Software to report on risks/ impacts/ KPIs, follow-up managers to obtain commentary on compliance, coordinate with Audit and Risk committee
- Reporting: prepare and present risk management reporting and insights to all levels of the organisation (Executive Team, Board, Audit & Risk Committee)
- Stakeholder Management & Leadership: Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in regards to QHSE on site, work closely with executive and leadership teams in regards to strategic risks and reporting, manage one QHSE Officer
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong QHSE experience
- Education in Workplace Safety, Environmental Management or equivalent
- Internal Auditor certification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
You will be working in a friendly environment in a convenient location. This is a unique opportunity to manage HSEQ within a growing and changing business. Generous renumeration on offer!
Curtis Partnership specialises in Property, Sales, Marketing & Operations, Information Technology, Finance and Accounting recruitment.